Director of Special Events & Volunteer Management
Bishop Feehan’s Advancement Team is looking for a creative, motivated, and energetic professional to help continue its growth. Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement, the Director of Special Events & Volunteer Management will focus on the execution of select school and Advancement events throughout the year and oversight of the One Feehan Volunteer program. The Advancement office is looking to welcome an individual who thrives in a team setting and is deeply committed to the environment established by the Sisters of Mercy of faith, compassion and respect.
Manage new and existing annual events such as Setting Our Hearts Gala and Legends and Legacy - A Night of Feehan Honors. In addition, leads select Advancement and Feehan community events, including but not limited to Parent Welcome Breakfasts, Grandparent Days and Homecoming.
- Setting Our Hearts Gala is Feehan’s largest annual fundraiser. Responsibilities include setting overall vision, management of gala committee, budget & vendor negotiations, invite list, in-kind donations, etc.
- Lead planning of the annual “Legends and Legacy - A Night of Feehan Honors” event
- Logistical oversight of select school events and all Advancement events
- Collaborate with the Advancement team on 2-4 annual events geared toward increasing alumni philanthropy, serving as point person for logistics
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues on the production of all event materials and public relations related to Advancement events
- Write correspondence, solicitations and acknowledgment letters
- Facilitate all volunteer event committees and manage all event volunteers
VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT & ENGAGEMENT
Manages communication, organization, recruitment and ongoing administration of the One Feehan Volunteer program, which connects Feehan parents and alumni with opportunities to support the school through gifts of time. Responsibilities include management of the Volunteer CORI process.
Grow the program into a staff-managed, parent-driven initiative that supports volunteer efforts throughout the school and day-to-day and long-term projects in the Advancement Office.
ADVANCEMENT TEAM MEMBER
Support other Advancement or school-wide efforts as assigned by the Vice President of Advancement or the President, including event staffing responsibilities and occasional evening or weekend duties.
Opened in 1961, Bishop Feehan High School in Attleboro, Mass. is a Catholic school within the Roman Catholic Diocese of Fall River, Massachusetts. The school currently enrolls more than 1,000 students, male and female, from 50 communities in grades 9-12. Feehan has a reputation for rigorous academic standards, cutting edge technology, outstanding facilities and affordable tuition. Our educational philosophy includes helping students lead lives of faith, encouraging students to be influences for good in their communities, and facilitating students’ discovery and development of their gifts and talents in service to God. Feehan supports and promotes its core values: spirituality, mercy, stewardship, integrity, respect, and excellence.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Commitment to Catholic education and understanding of and belief in Bishop Feehan’s mission www.bishopfeehan.com/about/mission-and-philosophy/
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, Google (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides) software, including mail merges and content sharing
- Experience with or knowledge of Blackbaud and Raiser’s Edge software platforms is helpful but not required.
- Familiarity with Feehan’s alumni and parent communities is helpful but not required.
- Comfort collecting, organizing, analyzing and using data to educate decision making and manage events and projects.
Interested applicants should send a resume and letter of interest to Jessica K Symonds, CFRE, Vice President of Advancement at [email protected].
Girls Lacrosse Coach
Bishop Feehan High School is seeking a head coach for Girls Varsity Lacrosse. Bishop Feehan has a strong lacrosse program at the Division 1 level. The school is seeking a qualified candidate to continue the great success and growth of the program as a whole. Prior coaching experience is required. Interested applicants should send a resume and three references to Athletic Director Christian Schatz via email at [email protected]
Complete working knowledge of girls lacrosse rules/regulations, strategies and teaching techniques.
Follow the mission of the school - Sanctity - Scholarship - Sportsmanship.
(spring season start date is 3/18/24 and the season can go through the 2nd week of June)
Boys Freshman Soccer Head Coach
Winter/Spring Track Throws Coach