Named Scholarship Funds
Financial Aid & Scholarship Giving at Bishop Feehan takes three forms:
1. The Mercy Fund (part of Feehan’s Shamrock Fund)
2. Named Annual Scholarships
3. Named Endowed Scholarships
Outgoing College Scholarships (Exit Scholarships)
Memorial Giving (Bereavement)
Memorial Giving (Bereavement) Guidelines
Often at times of grieving, families choose Bishop Feehan High School as the recipient of “in lieu of flowers” donations with the intentions of honoring a loved one, setting up a scholarship, or making a purchase for the school in a loved one’s name.
Bishop Feehan is both honored and grateful to be considered worthy of support at these times. Our goal -- especially at the time of mourning -- is to be as helpful as possible to families, while allowing those families not to worry about details that can be discussed and handled later.
For families interested in this type of giving, we recommend a three-step process that has worked best for families that have come before:
- Please let our Advancement Office know of your intentions to include Bishop Feehan in your memorial plans. We can provide memorial cards and return envelopes for your services, and we will be sure to capture and report all gifts for acknowledgment and appreciation.
- We recommend the following general language (or similar) for obituaries, funeral programs, and services or the like:
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in (the deceased’s) honor to:
Bishop Feehan High School
(Deceased’s Name) Memorial
70 Holcott Drive
Attleboro, MA 02703
Leaving the language deliberately general allows the most flexibility for the family to consider favored options for memorials at a later time.
- At a later date, family members will meet with Bishop Feehan staff to discern the best options for using the donated money to help the school or Bishop Feehan students (present or future) in the deceased's name.
Most importantly, it is our most sincere hope that Bishop Feehan can be a source of support and prayer at these difficult times. If you have questions about memorial giving to Bishop Feehan, please contact Michael Dibbert, Director of Strategic Initiatives at 508.226.7411, ext. 158 or [email protected].